Tuesday, August 28, 2007

An interesting journey we take when we try to get child support enforced

It’s quite an odd thing, in my opinion, to have to fight for a parent to pay child support. While I’m not entirely sure that the system the way it is set up, is constitutional - or fair to any party - including the child(ren). It is in fact what we have to work with.

It’s odd that this is the only debtor’s prison system that our American Justice system has, yet without that threat, how many children would not get their child support payment from the non-custodial (or joint custodial) parent.

I’m chronicling my journey. I’ve tried to abide by the laws, and the child support system, I’ve attempted to be reasonable, to be firm, to be accommodating, but at the end of the day, if the other parent doesn’t want to pay, it’s pretty difficult to get him to pay.

So this time, there are no threats, there is no ultimatum, there was no warning of consequences, it is what it is. I no longer care that there are children involved in this situation that don’t know they have a younger sibling, or that there is a wife that resents that her husband has to pay child support.

I don’t care anymore about all of the lies and deceptions that got us to this point. I only care that my daughter is not receiving child support from her father. So, the journey begins to tell the story….

No comments: